Do you spend far too much time with your computer?
If you do, you are not alone! Modern-day technologies are great, but overconsumption can damaging if
Here are a few things to help you to minimize screen time and also get work done.
Problems With Too Much Screen Time
Whether its Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Videogames, or computer usage, it’s almost impossible to get away from them completely.
We work on the computers, check emails, reading something, watching TVs or looking at our phones.
Minimizing time spent on the computer can significantly help to prevent:
- Eye strain
- Eyesight degrade
- Poor sleep
- Social media addiction > Leads to possible depression
- and other health-related problems
Nearly 1/3 of teens watch TV and use the computer for at least 2 hours every day.
- 7% spend more than 5 hours with screens daily.
- About 57% say their screen time has increased by one hour or more since COVID
- About 30% spend more time watching TV or movies
- About 70 % download apps and games to occupy time
According to HSI
Experts recommend adults to limit screen time outside of work to less than 2 hours per day. Any time beyond that or 10 hour screen time should be replaced with more physical activities.
We can’t cut it completely, but we can restrict it with a couple of tools and willpower!
4 Solutions To Minimize Screen Time
The easiest way is to set a time and stop when it’s time to rest or get away from the screen, but there are other tools you can use
For a smartphone user, download StayFree app to track how many hours are spent on a particular app. Then actively try to reduce hours spent on them.
If you’re a Windows user, you can set screen time limits across all your devices
Using a web browser, visit family.microsoft.com. Sign in to your Family Safety account.
- Find your family member and click More options > Screen time > Apps and games.
- Select the app or game you are limiting.
Scroll down to Block related websites and check the box next to the website you would like to limit.
If you’re a Mac user, you can use Screen Time to limit hours for kids
- Click Screen Time in System Preferences.
- Select the Options button at the bottom left.
- Click the Turn On button at the top right.
Recommended Paid Tools To Improve Productivity & Reduce Screen Hours
If you’re working, you can set the clock on your phone to remind yourself to get away. Or you can download the Desktop Timer app to track your productivity as well as managing other tasks you may forget to do such as client meetings, email, zoom schedule and much more.
So you do what’s need to be done and get away from the screen as much as you can.
Clockify is another app people can use to track work hours and track productivity.
After all, no one can restrict your screen time but your willpower.