Hiveage – is this the best billing and invoicing software available? With online billing becoming a popular trend, it has become quite easier for businesses to keep a record of their payments effortlessly and creating invoices in no time. Generally, billing software, upon subscription, comes with many features like preparing and sending invoices, accepting online payments and tracking of time and can be used online with an internet browser.
A summary of issued and paid invoices along with some financial reports is provided by an online billing and invoicing software. There is a huge number of such software out there with varying and distinctive features. Hiveage, being one of them, is a great tool for online billing. And in this article, we are going to cover up all the details that you need to learn more about it.
Table Of Contents
01. What Is Hiveage?
02. Hiveage – An Introduction
04. Is Hiveage Better Than Other Similar Tools?
05. Is it Simple To Use?
06. Pros Of Hiveage
07. Cons Of Hiveage
08. What Users Are Saying About Hiveage?
09. Is It Popular?
10. The Final Word
What Is Hiveage?
Hiveage, as we mentioned above, is online billing software for small businesses and freelancers. This software has been developed with the aim to provide an easier and quicker method of tracking payments and sending invoices to clients through a simple and friendly user interface.
Here in this review, we are going to do a complete research on this software to determine if the claims made by this company are genuine or not. Moreover, we are going to find out:
- Is it really as effective as given in its description?
- Is it popular?
- Is it better than rest other options?
- Is it offering all the necessary features?
- Is it easy to use?
- And lastly, is it worth your time and money?
- If you are keen to know, keep scrolling down to find out.
Hiveage – An Introduction
Introduced in 2006 and previously known as CurdBee, this software is developed by a Sri Lankan based web development company known as “Vesess”, which also has a branch in the USA.Hiveage has been designed with keeping in mind the issues and difficulties regarding financial and billing management, faced by small businesses and freelancers.
Hiveage aims to simplify the procedure of online billing and related matters for its end users. Having more than 50,000 users over 140 countries around the world, this software offers you to send an infinite number of invoices even if you are using the free version or online demo.
This software uses a number of popular gateways for accepting payments including Stripe, Braintree, and PayPal, and it also allows you to send as many invoices as you want to an endless number of clients. Other than that, it lets you send quotations and periodic invoices and keep a track of time and expense.
Furthermore, you can subscribe for more features that are relevant and useful for your business and can manage more than one business and groups using a single account with multiple access levels.
Now, let’s have a quick overview of this software.
The users that Hiveage is targeting are mainly small to medium sized businesses, freelancers, Non-Profit organizations and Public Administrations.
Hiveage supports multiple gadgets including Apple IPhone and IPad, Web browsers and has a Web App.
Countries Supported by the Software
Similarly, multiple countries are also supported by this software from all over the world including Asia, Middle-East, Australia, Africa, Europe, and America.
Hiveage supported languages include English, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Danish, French and much more.
Other supported options include and ongoing online support and Frequently Asked Questions.
The Software comes with a wide array of payment options to choose from as per your requirements. First off, there is a free trial of 14 days. Then there are 4 different monthly plans and similarly 4 different yearly plans. The details of both monthly and yearly plans are stated below.
The yearly plans include starter, basic, studio and company plans.
This is the minimum costing plan with a price of $15 per month. This plan offers all features with two users, 250 recurring profiles, 50 auto-billing profiles and a total storage of 1 GB.
This plan costs $29 per month and just like the starter plan, it also offers all features but with 5 users, 500 recurring profiles, 100 auto-billing profiles and a storage of 2 GB.
Then the studio plan costs $59 per month while offering all features with 10 users, 1000 recurring profiles, 250 auto-billing profiles and a total 4 GB of file storage.
The last plan in this category is company plan which costs $79 per month while offering all features with 20 users, unlimited recurring profiles, 500 auto-billing profiles and 8 GB of file storage.
The monthly plans are same in name and offer all the same features as in the above-mentioned yearly packages, but with varying costs of $19/month, $39/month, $69/month and $99/month for Starter, Basic, Studio and Company plans respectively.
Is Hiveage Better Than Other Similar Tools?
Since there are plenty of such tools available in the market, all of them work in more or less the similar way. However, Hiveage offers a number of distinguishing features which make it much better, if not the best, than the rest of the options out there.
Ever since this software has hit the market, it has been gaining significant market share due to its efficiency and constant updates. The last time Hiveage added several new features to the software, was in June 2016. The newly added features include advanced search options and improved security of your data.
Several new security features have been added in the latest update that are placed in the global profile in the form of groups. And these features offer an improved log and process of authentication for keeping login tracks of users. The whole procedure aids in streamlining the management process of user profiles with extra protection. Also, enhanced search function makes the use of app pretty convenient.
One more prominent feature of Hiveage is that it offers special 50% lifelong discount to non-profit organizations, charities, and educational institutes. Since funding can be quite challenging for charitable and non-profit organizations, Hiveage has taken it upon itself to help their causes.
Is It Simple To Use?
Hiveage is remarkably easy to use and will help you take care of your billing and invoicing solutions in half the time that it normally takes with other similar programs. The procedure of setting up clients is pretty simple and is done in 5 simple steps which are mentioned below.
- The first step is to add your client’s email and details
- For the second step, you need to add the info of your own PayPal or whichever account that you are using
- The third step is to make your own personalized invoice and there you can find the option to set it to recur for the required number of months.
- Then just hit send button
- And lastly, wait for your money.
Moreover, Hiveage offers multiple features which are included in every single plan, regardless of their prices that are quite easily accessible. Read ahead to check their list:
- Unlimited bills, invoices, and estimates can be sent to an unlimited number of clients.
- Professional looking estimates can be created in a nick of time.
- You can notify and remind clients about the payments through this software.
- Easy tracking of time, expense and mileage.
- Dashboard reports.
- You can do your own branding and personalization in the invoices by adding your company logo or colors or anything that you want.
- You can run Hiveage from your own domain and can access your data from anywhere while maintaining its security.
- You can send multiple currency reports in multiple languages available in the software.
- You can accept payment through majority gateways (12+) available including PayPal and Authorize.net.
- The software also supports offline payments.
- Automatic calculation of taxes, discounts and shipping expenses.
- The software allows you to import and export data.
- 24/7 support is available from Hiveage’s engineers in case of need.
- The software runs pretty fast with no downtime and daily automatic backups.
Pros Of Hiveage
- If you are a freelancer or own a small business then u can easily enjoy the free invoicing feature and can send an infinite number of personalized invoices and estimates to your unlimited clients. The software tools also allow you to rapidly convert an estimate into an invoice.
- You can accept both online and offline payments in multiple currencies supported by the Software. And you can get paid for without any charges through various modes of payment.
- The time you have spent can be easily billed along with the creation of expense reports for sending to clients.
- The software saves up all your data so you can access all your invoices anytime and anywhere you want.
- Several teams and establishments can be managed simultaneously using Hiveage by creating separate accounts for each of your businesses and delegating billing responsibilities to your team members.
- Recurring invoices and reminders can be set up beforehand to leave everything to the application to be done automatically. In addition, recurring payments to the suppliers can also be set up with the option of reviewing them before sending.
Cons Of Hiveage
So, we tried pretty hard to find the cons if there are any and firmly looked for them but luckily couldn’t find any major cons except the ones mentioned below.
- The software could use a little more export options than the ones already available.
- The default button which is attached to the invoices can be a little befuddling for your clients in case you have not set up this feature. So it would be much better if the button is just optional.
Other than these 2 slight and barely noticeable issues, we couldn’t find a single more con about this software.
What Users Are Saying About Hiveage?
We checked multiple blogs and websites to check customer’s reviews and responses about Hiveage and found out the majority of them to be positive. As per the users, Hiveage is the best and most thorough tool in the market if you are a small business owner and looking for a streamlined invoicing tool. Users find it convenient in keeping check and balances on the business.
Other than that, users find it to be very economical despite the availability of all the necessary features. The customer service provided by Hiveage is also greatly appreciated and is termed fast and friendly. The user interface is quite friendly and easy and the invoices carry a professional look.
Users also labeled Hiveage to be much faster than other similar tools in the market which are pretty complex as compared to it, whereas, Hiveage takes minimal efforts while rushing through invoices. And lastly, users seem to be pretty happy about the software being multilingual and supportive of many countries.
Is It Popular?
Though, after users’ reviews, we are pretty convinced about its popularity already. But let’s not just settle on that and have a look its popularity statistically. Now to check whether this software is popular or not, we can have a look at the traffic flow on its website and can check its global standing.
According to SimilarWeb, a popular website ranking tool, Hiveage had a total of 119k monthly visitors in the month of October only. Now that’s a pretty good number, right? And then, according to another popular traffic tracking website Alexa, Hiveage website is among the top 70,000 most visited websites in the whole world.
According to the stats provided by these websites, we can surely say that the software is quite popular.
The Final Word
To conclude it all, we can now say with confidence that Hiveage is a perfect and neat tool with a number of useful features without any extra charges. So, if you don’t like to pay extra for any additional but useless features then this is the one for you. Hiveage provides you full control over your invoices and payment gateways which let you run your business smoothly.
Being software freaks, we found out Hiveage to be a great solution with a clean and usable interface and budget-friendly pricing plans. We advise you not to wait for any further and get this software now. However, if you still find yourself a bit daunted, you can always go for the trial version to check it out yourself.